Head of the Department: prof. dr hab. Andrzej Lenart
Nowoursynowska Str. 159c
02-776 Warsaw, Poland
Tel. (48 22) 59 37 570
Fax. (48 22) 59 37 576
- Changes in water status in material as induced by technology process (drying, osmotic dewatering, agglomeration, freezing and defrosting).
- Optimisation of drying process parameters from the point of view of material’s physical properties and its rehydration and water binding capacity.
- Change in material structure in result of drying and rehydration processes.
- Assessment and the effects of the osmotic dewatering and drying parameters on the product quality and performance.
- Development of parameters of moistening agglomeration with the aim to provide products and components in a form of powder with the features favourable for food quality.
- Testing of the flow and hygroscopicity properties of powder materials.
- Organisation of production and operational assessment of equipment and machinery in food processing industry
- Organisation of manufacturing process resulting in operation of the production lines and departments.
- Testing of production lines in high energy intensive industries.
- Waste water treatment and waste management.
- Physical and engineering properties of foodstuff materials in the aspect of product design.
- Physical properties of foodstuff materials, particularly their mechanical, sorption, re-constitution and acoustic properties, in the aspect of variable parameters in technology process.
- Rheological properties of food in liquid state, of solid consistency, as well as powder materials.
- Sorption properties and water binding in food products.
- Energy status of water in materials – scanning differentiation calorimetry.
Offer for practise
- development of fruit and vegetable drying technologies in order to maintain and improve their quality and usefulness as consumer products (convective, microwave- convective, and radiator drying methods).
- development of technologies of drying liquid raw materials to achieve their dry powder form.
- drying of solutions or emulsions, e.g. juice on carbohydrate carrier.
- microcapsulation method by spray-drying, e.g. enzymes, dyes, aromatic substances, lipid substances.
- powder agglomeration, drying /granulation/ moistening/coating loose substances on fluid bed; application for loose materials in a form of: fine powder, granules, pellets, tablets or crystalline substances.
- mixing of powder raw materials. Preparation of powder and granulate mixtures, also with liquid additives e.g. spreading of liquids (dyes, aromatics, and flavours) on a solid carrier in loose form; preparation of spice mixtures, nutrients and concentrates following any recipe.
- cryo-concentration of fruit juices in a temperature below 0oC.
- freezing – checking of the surface and intra material freezing processes.
- saturation coupled with osmotic dehydration – application to produce low-processed foodstuffs, preserving features of fresh fruit and vegetables enriched with additional nutrient substances to supplement diet poor in these components.
- membrane processes – carrying out ultra- and nano-filtration with the use of variable surface ceramic membranes.
- osmotic dehydration of fruit and vegetables
- coating of foodstuffs
- freezing in a low (-70oC) temperature
- intensive cooling under controlled time-regime to reach required temperature
- shock freezing under temperature range between -20 and -40oC
- freeze-drying with an efficiency of 16 kg evaporated water per 24 h; monitoring and registration of the process parameters
- freeze-drying at different process parameters
- freeze-drying under variable conditions of initial freezing
- production of biomass or metabolic products by microorganisms in bio-fermentors
- measuring of water activity
- analysing of sorption properties (static-exsiccation method, dynamic method)
- determination of extract by refractometric method
- pH determination
- testing of temperature distribution in materials during freezing process
- testing of temperature distribution in materials during lyophilisation
- BZT5 determination
- continuous determination of change in oxygenation rate during biotechnology process
- continuous determination of change in pH during biotechnology process
- determination of freezing point in solutions having osmolarity up-to 1000 mOsm
- spectrophotometric measurements
- continuous conductometric and pH measurements with registration of the results
- measuring of powders bulk density
- measuring of real density of powder materials, granulates, foams and solids
- qualitative measurements of the liquidity rate of powdered raw materials
- measuring of flow function, internal friction angle and cohesion of powdered raw materials
- testing of food internal structure
- computer analysis of food image